FlexIt’s mission is to empower everyone with flexible Interconnected Health experiences, including Virtual Personal Training, Virtual Nutrition, and Virtual Physical Therapy – Wherever, Whenever®.
The platform is the ultimate tool for motivation and accountability, helping users reach their health and wellness goals through live, 1-on-1, private sessions with elite fitness and wellness professionals and custom features designed and optimized for training. Each client’s program is customized based on their needs, lifestyle, and goals and delivered on a proprietary platform designed and optimized for wellness experiences.
During the pandemic, the team successfully brought clubs and trainers to a virtual marketplace, connecting consumers with fitness experts and incorporating club brands. As things progressed and the pandemic started to fade, they also recognized the need for preventive health services in the growing field of Telehealth. They saw there was a chance to bridge the gap between consumers who don't necessarily need a doctor but want convenient access to fitness and wellness experts.
"I think for us, at our core, we've always tried to have a consistent revenue generating model that is built on good business practices and be able to cut back some of our spend, which was focused on growth and marketing," states Cohen.
They offer a wide range of fitness pillars, including high-intensity training, boxing, strength training, and physical therapy. The platform even provides access to doctors of physical therapy for specialized care, such as pre and postnatal training or injury recovery.
FlexIt has also been recognized and awarded by prominent industry publications including Men’s Health, Runner’s World, and U.S. News & World Report, and was named a "Most Innovative Product of 2021" by Innovation & Tech Today.
Some key moments:
[00:03:58] Digitizing live two-way fitness experiences for all.
[00:08:03] Industry evolving, not pivoting or changing.
[00:11:17] Entrepreneurial question: different pulse, confluence, coexistence.
[00:14:12] Challenging times for business leaders, uncertain future.
[00:17:15] Synchronous communication leads to personalization and immersion.
A few key takeaways:
- FlexIt has transitioned from focusing solely on virtual personal training to embracing interconnected health. They offer four core pillars of nutrition, physical therapy, low-impact wellness, and fitness training, spanning 28 modalities.
- The company has developed its own proprietary technology that optimizes the online personal training experience. Trainers can interact with clients as if they were physically in the same space, using features like pre-recorded videos, drawing on the screen, and sending workout plans.
- They draw inspiration from the telehealth industry, where virtual consultations have become more common. They aim to fill the void for preventive health services, providing convenient access for individuals who don't necessarily need a doctor but still want expert guidance in their fitness and wellness journey.
- Their technology is applicable in both B2B (business-to-business) and B2C (business-to-consumer) contexts. Their tech is appropriate for use on corporate wellness platforms as well as their direct-to-consumer platform.
- FlexIt's ability to adapt their business model as the market evolves is highlighted. They used a methodical approach to educate their clients on the changes and benefits that come with their evolving services.
Connect With Us: