Gary Kleinman is a seasoned marketer and former attorney who has always believed in the power of storytelling. After realizing the similarities between the marketing world and being a litigator, he decided to venture into a career that combined his skills in both fields. For years, Gary successfully ran an experiential marketing agency that specialized in organizing mobile tours for renowned organizations such as MLB, NFL, and Warner Brothers.
Everything changed though after he stumbled upon an article about a 17-year-old female gamer participating in a League of Legends tournament attended by an astounding 17,000 people. Intrigued by this unexpected phenomenon, Gary was determined to understand the allure of competitive gaming and began a new journey exploring the business possibilities in the thriving world of esports.
When it comes to marketing to a particular niche Kleinman states, "The challenge when you don't have a Gatorade budget or a Pepsi budget (who bought Prime the energy drink) is you have to look at niche markets . . . the gyms, certain sports, work with influencers in that sport, give them product, make sure they like the product, and if they do, they'll they'll support it . . .but it's a slow burn."
Some key moments:
- Marketing and litigating share storytelling similarities.
- Electrolytes play a crucial role in muscle contractions. Water is only part of the solution.
- Entrepreneurship, marketing noise, and winning through education.
- Brand commitment, minimum viable product, complementary hydration, elevate electrolytes, fatigue relief.
A few key takeaways:
- Kleinman is an entrepreneur tackling the powdered and energy drink market with a focus on providing hydration and electrolytes to athletes and other individuals with active lifestyles.
- Electrolyte Boost is unique in that it does not require water to be consumed and is absorbed by the tongue and cheek, providing immediate benefits.
- Pete and Gary discuss the challenges of marketing in the gaming industry, which has a fragmented audience and no clear revenue model for esports teams, despite its tremendous growth.
- Kleinman highlights the importance of education and credibility in the industry, as there are many marketing tactics that can create confusion and noise. He emphasizes the need for offering a scientifically-backed product that solves a specific problem.
- The conversation also touches on the potential applications of Electrolyte Boost beyond athletics, such as for individuals in professions that have temporarily restricted access to water, like surgeons or truck drivers.
Gary Kleinman: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gary-kleinman-3503757/
Electrolyte Boost: https://electrolyteboost.com/
Mark Moyer-Win Again Academy: https://markmoyer.com/clubroom-events
Prospect Wizard: http://www.theprospectwizard.com
Promotion Vault: http://www.promotionvault.com
Connect With Us: